1. The Department of Civil a nd Environmental Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in geotechnical engineering at
the assistant professor level. See attachment.
2. The Climate and Environment Sciences Laboratory invites applications for a Fluid Mechanics
post-doctoral position. See attachment.
3. The Zuckerberg Inst. For water Research at the J. Blausein Inst. For Desert research, Ben
Gurion University of the Negev, invites applications for 1 track faculty position in
Environmental Microbiology and Environmental Organic Bio -chemistry. See attachment.
4. Northwestern University invites applications for a post-doctoral position. See attachment.
1. Dr. Golfier at Université de Lorraine, France, would like to announce an Associate Professor in the field of Hydrogeology / Transfer in Porous Media. See attachment.
2. Dr. Degrande at University of Leuven, Belgium, would like to announce 3 faculty positions, on "Construction materials for durable and sustainable structures", "Building acoustics”, and “Metal constructions”, see attachemnts1,attachemnts2,attachemnts3.
1. Al-Iman University at Saudi Arabia would like to announce faculty positions in mathematics. See attachment.
2. Axel Makurat at Royal Dutch Shell, The Netherlands, would like to announce the position of Principal Investigator for Experimental Petroleum Geomechanics. See attachment.
3. Dr. Lemaire at Université Paris-Est, France, would like to announce three postdoctoral positions: Bone regeneration: development of a dynamic seeding of stem cells into a porous scaffold; Molecular Dynamics applied to bone matrix nanoporosity; and Interactions between bone cells and their vicinity. See attachment1,attachment2,attachment1.
1. Dr. Schrefler at the University of Padova, Italy, would like to announce PhD position: Early Stage Researcher position (ESR5) within the project MUltiscale MOdelling of LAndslide and Debris flows. See attachment.
2. Dr. Degrande at KU Leuven, Belgium, would like to announce a full-time faculty position “Construction materials for durable and sustainable structures”. See attachment.
3. Dr. Prioul at Schlumberger-Doll Research would like to announce a post-doctoral research scientist position in Materials Modeling. See attachment.
4. Dr. Frage at Ben-Gurion University, Israel, would like to announce a faculty position in Materials Engineering. See attachment
1. Dr. Woods at University of Cambridge, UK, would like to announce 2 Ph.D. positions in Modelling Flow in Erodable Porous Media. See email below。
Modelling Flow in Erodable Porous Media: New PhD CASE awardModelling
Polymer-Flow interactions in a porous media : New PhD CASE award
To enquire further please email email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Dr. Brisard at ParisTech, France, would like to announce a postdoctoral fellow position on the subject Influence of the local orientational order on the anisotropy of the hydromechanical behavior of the clay matrix of argilites, A numerical approach. See attachment.
3. Dr. Tadeu at University of Coimbra, Portugal, would like to announce a Postdoctoral Fellowship on Ground Vibrations and Noise Induced by High-Speed Trains: Prediction and Mitigation. See attachment.
1. Dr. Yin at Hong Kong Polytechnic University would like to announce an assistant professor position in geotechnical engineering. See attachment.
2. Dr. Bayer at ETH Zurich, Switzerland, would like to announce a a PhD position in Thermal processes in urban aquifers. See email and attachment.
1. Dr. Boufadel at the New Jersey Institute of Technology would like to announce a Postdoc/Research Faculty position in the area of hydrology/hydrogeology.
The research position requires conducting numerical simulations of water flow and solute transport in coastal systems. The qualified candidate would have a PhD in Environmental Engineering, Hydrogeology or a related field and be able to conduct numerical simulations using existing programs or programs that they develop. They must have a strong understanding of the fundamental of water flow and solute transport in porous media, both saturated and unsaturated.
Candidates need to possess a superior ability in their area of expertise, and a demonstrated ability in writing articles for publication in top journals. They need to possess the ability for communication with scientists in other environmental fields and to mentor graduate students. The positions are open at all levels (research professor or postdoc) and the corresponding salaries are competitive. The position is offered on the Main Campus of NJIT in Newark, 20 minutes from downtown New York City. NJIT is an equal opportunity employer.
The NRDP Center Director (Dr. Michel Boufadel) and staff are conducting research on major projects including the Exxon Valdez oil spill, the Deep Well Horizon (Gulf) spill, natural gas extraction from Marcellus Shale, and Hurricane Sandy. Interested applicants are urged to submit their application in one pdf file that contains a cover letter, CV, and research statement to email@example.com. Inquiries to other points of contact cannot be considered.
2. Dr. Viesca at Tufts University would like to announce a Ph.D. position in geomechanics in the Earth sciences, with potential problems associated with fault rupture, landsliding, and the seafloor environment.http://gradstudy.tufts.edu/admissions/howtoapply.htm
1. Dr. Casey and North Dakota State University would like to announce a faculty position is Soil Physics. See attachment.
2. Dr. Liew at City University of Hong Kong would like to announce several faculty positions in Civil and Architectural Engineering areas. See attachment.
3. Dr. Edil at the University of Wisconsin would like to announce a faculty position in Rock Mechanics theory and application. See contact information below.
The University of Wisconsin Geological Engineering Program (GLE) has re-opened a search for faculty member with interests in (but are not limited to) the emerging areas in rock mechanics/rock engineering relating to sustainability, conventional and renewable energy resources, extraction and reclamation of mineral resources, innovative environmental technologies including issues such as carbon sequestration. Position is available at all ranks with primary appointment in the interdisciplinary Geological Engineering Program with the tenure home in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. Information on the UW Geo Engineering Program and the position available can be found at http://geotech.engr.wisc.edu/ UW-Madison is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. Please submit application letter, CV, statement of research and teaching interests, and list of at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Prof. Tuncer Edil (email@example.com mobile phone 608-444-0515).
the Institute for Risk & Uncertainty / School of Engineering, University of Liverpool is recruiting 2 Lecturers.
1.Lecturer in Uncertainty and Risk in Complex Systems and Networks
2. Lecturer in Geotechnical Risk and Environmental Hazards
1. Dr. Wu at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory would like to advertise a Postdoctoral Fellow Position in Permafrost D
ynamics and Associated Hydrological and Biogeochemical Impacts area. See link below.
2. Dr. Cojean at ParisTech, France, would like to advertise a Research Assistant position in the field of Geostatistics, or Hydrogeology, or Geotechnics. See attachment.
3. Dr. Latham at Imperial College, UK, would like to announce a PhD Studentship in Numerical Simulation of Particle Stress and Fracture using FEMDEM: Application to Process Catalysts. See attachment.
1. Dr. DeGiorgi at Naval Research Lab would like to alert the availability of scholarship for female US graduate student at the Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund site. See attachment .
2. Ms. Warren at the University of Wyoming would like to bring your attention to a faculty position in Petroleum Engineering. See attachments.
3. Dr. Spinks at Flinders University, Australia, would like to announce a Research Associate position in groundwater modeling. See attachment.
4. Prof. Grabe at the Hamburg University of Technology, Germany, would like to announce three PhD and Postdoctoral Positions in Offshore.Geotechnical Engineering and Harbour Engineering:"Numerical modelling of collision between ships and gravity foundation of offshore wind turbines","Experimental and numerical investigation of long-term settlements at harbour area", "Stability of temporary submarine foundation pits for offshore wind energy converters".Please see attachment1,attachment2 and attachment3.
1. Dr. Robinson at The University of Western Ontario, Canada, would like to announce PhD and Postdoctoral Positions in Groundwater Hydrology, Biogeochemistry and Microbiology. See email and attachment
1. Dr. Saffer at Pennsylvania State University would like to announce an Assistant Professor in hydrogeology position. See attachment .
2. Dr. Rohan at University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Czech Republic, would like to announce a Post-Doc position in Multiscale Modeling of Heterogeneous Materials. See attachment.
2. Dr. Molson at Université Laval, Canada, has a MSc. Position available in Numerical Modelling of Shale Gas Impacts on Groundwater. See attachment.
3. Dr. Wang at Los Alamos National Laboratory would like to announce two postdoc positions, in the “Multi‐scale study of the role of microstructure in the deformation behavior of hexagonal materials" area. See attachment1 and attachment2.
4. Dr. Bazant (firstname.lastname@example.org) of Northwestern University seeks a postdoctoral associate to conduct research on some of his sponsored projects.
1. Dr. Kaliakin at the University of Delaware would like to announce a faculty position in geotechnical engineering. See link below
Once you get to this page, look for Job ID = 100972.
1. Dr. Clennell at CSIRO, Australia, would like to announce an Research Scientist position on experimental rock physics and rock mechanics. See attachment.
2. Dr. Sevostianov at New Mexico State University would like to announce a faculty position in computational micromechanics in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. See attachment.
1. Dr. Ewy at Chevron Energy Technology would like to announce a Rock Characterization Specialist position, See attachment.
2. Dr. Wu at Colorado School of Mines would like to announce a Postdoctoral Researcher position in Fracture Mechanics and Cryogenics. See attachment.
3. Dr. Wong at Imperial College London, UK, would like to announce a Research Associate position in Characterising and modelling the behaviour of concrete in nuclear power plants. See attachment.
4. 英国华威大学(University of Warwick)招聘岩土工程助理教授和副教授，具体信息见下面链接
Position open on two levels: Assistant and Associate Professor. Salary information is available in the PDF file of ‘Further details’. Please also use the web link above for application.
Though it’s not clearly stated in the advertisement, those with tunnelling background and working experience in an English speaking environment will have an advantag.
1. Dr. Aldridge at Sandia National Lab would like to announce a postdoctoral position available in computational seismics and / or electromagnetics. See attachment.
1. Dr. Garcia Aznar at University of Zaragoza, Spain, would like to announce a post‐doc position in high‐performance computational analysis for bone remodelling based on reduced order modeling and/or genetic algorithms. See attachment.
2. Dr. Barlebo at Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland would like to announce a Senior Researcher position – International work on Water Resources. See attachment.
1. Dr. Brebbia at Wessex Institute of Technology, UK, would like to advertise a modelling engineer position on the analysis and design of Cathodic Protection Systems. See message below.
Modelling Engineer required by the Industrial Research Division of WIT
A Modelling Engineer is required to work on the analysis and design of Cathodic Protection Systems for specific projects related to the energy industry. The candidate will work within a small team supporting the development of the BEASY (Boundary Element Analysis System) and reporting to the Technical Director. The job will involve performing modelling tasks and report writing for specific projects.
Candidates ought to be capable of working to timescales, being able to efficiently manage their time and handle more than one project or activity at once. They ought to be clear and confident communicators with good verbal and written skills. The job will involve preparing powerpoint presentations, participating in Webex meetings and meeting major industrial customers.
Qualities required for the job are:
Ability to work within a small and highly focused team
Being receptive to new ideas and techniques
Technical competence to comprehend engineering problems
Knowledge of how cathodic protection modelling systems work
Excel, Powerpoint and Word skills.
Additional language skills, experience of the Cathodic Protection industry, knowledge of material behaviours (including electrochemical aspects), experience with Fortran and Java coding are welcome.
For further information please contact:
Professor Carlos A. Brebbia
2. Dr. Laloui at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, has a post-doctoral position in the Geo-mechanical investigations of bio-improved soils. See attachment.
3. Dr. Zhang at the University of Wyoming is seeking a postdoc in Geostatistical Inverse Modeling. See link below.
Dr. Renard at Neuchatel, Switzerland has a PhD position in Geometry, genesis and hydrodynamic of the Yucatan karstic system. See attachment.